- Strict silence is to be observed in the Library
- Students, faculty members and staff of C E Thalassery are allowed to use the Library. Students have to wear the prescribed uniform. College Identity Card will be shown at the counter on demand.
- Members are not permitted to bring their personal belongings in to the Library. It should be deposited at the property counter. Members are allowed to bring to the library or reading - room only pen and paper. They are to be shown at the counter, while entering the library and on leaving. Students are advised not to leave money and valuables in their bags
- Mobile phone usage is not permitted inside the Library
- Eating, sleeping talking loudly are strictly prohibited in the library
- No combined reference work or discussion is allowed inside the library or reading-room
- Books will be lent to students only for a period of 15 days
- Books returned after the due date will be charged an overdue charge of Rs. 1. Per day for first 15 days. Rs. 2 per day will be charged 16th day onwards.
- Damaged books will not be accepted and it has to be replaced.
- Users must replace the book if lost, with the copy/ latest edition along with over due charges.
- Once a book is issued, it will not be taken back on the same day. Loan can be renewed if the books are not required by other students
- The students are not allowed to exchange or pass round the library books or lend them to those in or outside the College. Students are strictly forbidden to take books on behalf of other students.
- M. Tech students are allowed to take five books and B.Tech. Students, two books at a time. Permanent faculty members may take maximum of 8 books and Ad-hoc faculty members are allowed to take 3 books at a time. Non teaching staff members can borrow 2 books at a time.
- Books on loan can be recalled at any time at the discretion of the librarian. The librarian may refuse the loan of reading materials to any student if she is found careless in behavior, and in the handling of library materials
- Every book taken out of the library should be written in the register at counter while leaving the library.